International Foundation Certificate In Tourism And Hospitality
There are many learners who are interested in pursuing further academic or professional courses of study but they are unable to do so because they do not possess the necessary qualifications or knowledge.
International Foundation Certificate In Tourism And Hospitality is an ideal preparatory programme of study which will provide learners with key functional knowledge and skills and will also prepare them for further studies in hospitality, travel and tourism or hotel and catering.
Information and Communication Technology
Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality
- Three GCSE’s / GCE`O’ levels or equivalent qualification, or,
- A recognised Freshman or Access Certificate.
- Certificate award deemed to be equivalent to the above qualifications
- All learners must be a minimum of 16 years of age and they must have completed a minimum of 10 years of school education
- A 4.5 score or above of an approved English Language Test or recognised school or college English Language Placement Test
- Professional or work experience can be considered for learners who have not completed any formal qualifications
General Learning Objectives of the Course
On completion of the course learners will:
- Have a good knowledge of the key mathematics theories and principles which can assist them in further studies involving Statistics or Advanced Mathematics
- Achieve a good command of English language relevant for further studies or work/professional careers
- Achieve good written and oral communication skills
- Appreciate the contributions information technology can make to professional and personal development
- Have a clear understanding of the fundamental principles and practices in the tourism and hospitality industries