Certificate in Business Administration (Level 4)
The Certificate in Business Administration course will introduce learners to the key financial, quantitative and economic theories and will highlight the way they will affect the decision making process of business organisations. The course will also introduce learners to the main functions of an organisation and will prepare learners for further studies in business administration and management.
Economics for Business
Principles of Accounting
Quantitative Methods for Management
- Three GCSE’s / GCE`O’ levels and one `A’ level or equivalent qualification, or,
- An approved Foundation Certificate.
- Certificate or Diploma awards deemed to be equivalent to the above qualifications
Relevant experience is taken into consideration for students 21 years of age and over who have not completed any formal qualifications.
General Learning Objectives of the Course
On completion of the course learners will:
- Have a good knowledge of the different functions within a business organisation and their contributions to the overall business operations
- Be aware of key accounting principles that can impact on business decision-making
- Have an understanding of the economic environmental influences on the operating environment of commercial and non-commercial organisations
- Have a clear understanding of quantitative methods and theories used by organisations
- Be able to explain the different types of business organisations